What is Sap HANA?
SAP HANA is that the latest ERP from SAP, it is a combination of H/W & S/w package. HANA is new adoption by the SAP customers.SAP HANA is latest, in-memory information, and platform which may be deployed on-premises or cloud. SAP HANA is the combination of H/W & S/W package that integrates totally with different elements like SAP HANA info. SAP SLT (System Landscape Transformation) Replication server.
SAP HANA information & Platform
SAP HANA information – SAP HANA information could be hybrid in-memory information. SAP HANA information is that the heart of SAP in-memory technology. In SAP HANA, information table area unit of 2 varieties –
SAP HANA Platform – SAP HANA Platform could be a development platform with associate degree in-memory data store that permits the shoppers to investigate an oversized volume of data in real time. SAP HANA Platform works as a development platform, that provides infrastructure and tools for building a superior application supported SAP HANA Extended Application Services (SAP HANA XS).
SAP HANA Edition
There are a unit differing types of SAP HANA edition, a number of them as below-
1] SAP HANA Platform Edition – It provides Core information technology. It Integrates SAP part like SAP HANA information, SAP HANA Studio, and SAP HANA purchasers. it’s for purchasers World Health Organization need to use ETL-based replication and have already got a license for SAP Business Objects Data Services.
2] SAP HANA Enterprise Edition – It contains data provisioning (SLT, BODS, DXC) part as well as core information technology. It’s for purchasers World Health Organization need to use either trigger-based replication or ETL-based replication and doesn’t have the entire mandatory license for SAP Business Objects Data Services.
3] SAP HANA Extended Edition – It contains data provisioning (Sybase) options quite a Platform and Enterprises edition. It’s for purchasers World Health Organization need to use the complete potential of all out there replication eventualities as well as log-based replication.
Why SAP HANA?
SAP HANA could be a next-generation in-memory business platform. It accelerates analytics and application on one and in-memory platform.
Features of SAP HANA
- Real-Time – SAP HANA Provides period data and Real-time coverage.
- Speed – SAP HANA offers high speeds process on huge data because of In-Memory Technology.
- Any Data/Source – SAP HANA will access numerous data supply as well as Structured and Un-Structured knowledge from SAP or Non-SAP data supply.
- Cloud– SAP HANA information and application is deployed to the Cloud surroundings.
- Simplicity – SAP HANA cut back efforts behind ETL method, knowledge Aggregation, Indexing, and Mapping.
- Cost – SAP claims that SAP HANA software package will cut back Total IT price of a corporation.
- Choice possibility – SAP HANA is supported by totally different hardware seller and software package supplier, thus supported the need, the user will select the simplest possibility.
- Below are the area units of SAP HANA -Data is collected from several sources. Real-time replication services are accustomed access and replicate knowledge from SAP ERP. It provides info modeling and style surroundings.
SAP HANA Compare to BWA (Business Warehouse Accelerator)
- SAP biological attack Accelerator: it’s associate degree in-memory accelerator for a biological attack. Biological attack A is concentrated on up the question performance of SAP Net Weaver BW. Biological attack A is specifically designed to accelerate BW queries reducing the info acquisition time by uninterrupted copies of the info cube.
- SAP HANA: SAP HANA is in-memory information and platform for superior analytic reports and application. In SAP HANA data is loaded from SAP and non-SAP supply System through SLT, BODS, DXC, and Sybase and might be viewed using SAP BO/BI, Crystal Reports, and Excel, etc.
Currently, SAP HANA additionally work as in-Memory information for SAP biological attack, thus in this manner SAP HANA ready to improve the general performance of SAP web weaver biological attack.
SAP HANA information is Main-Memory central knowledge management platform. SAP HANA information is distributed to multiple machines.
SAP HANA area unit as mentioned below
- SAP HANA is helpful as it’s totally quick because of all knowledge loaded in-Memory and not has to be compelled to load knowledge from disk.
- SAP HANA is used for the aim of OLAP (On-line analytic) and OLTP (On-Line Transaction) on one information.
- SAP HANA information consists of a collection of in-memory process engines.
Relational database table resides in column or row store.
- There area unit 2 storage varieties for SAP HANA table.
- Row kind storage (For Row Table).
- Column kind storage (For Column Table).
- Text knowledge and Graph knowledge resides in Text Engine and Graph Engine severally. There are units some additional engines in SAP HANA information. the info is allowed to store in these engines as long as enough house is accessible.
- SAP HANA design
- SAP HANA Landscape
- SAP HANA size
- SAP HANA design
Data is compressed by totally different compression techniques (e.g. lexicon cryptography, run length cryptography, thin cryptography, cluster cryptography, indirect encoding) in SAP HANA Column store.
These objects names area unit outlined by application linguistics and reloaded into main memory from the disk once needed once more. Under traditional circumstances, SAP HANA information manages unloading and loading of knowledge mechanically.
SAP HANA Server consists of
- Index Server
- Preprocessor Server
- Name Server
- Statistics Server
- XS Engine
- Transfer & Install
- SAP HANA SQL
- Data Type
- SQL FUNCTIONS
- SQL EXPRESSIONS
- SQL holds on Procedure
- Produce Sequence
- Produce Trigger
- SQL knowledge identification
- SQL SCRIPT
- Calculation read
- knowledge Provisioning & Replication
- SAP HANA SLT
- SAP DS (SAP knowledge Services)
- Direct Extractor association (DXC)
- File transfer
- Attribute read
- Analytic read
- Analytic Privileges
- Import and Export
- Interview queries