Top Workday HCM Interview Questions and Answers
Last updated on Mon 16 Mar 2020
Workday HCM Interview Questions and Answers
1. Explain Workday HCM?
HCM stands for Human Capital Management. It is cloud-based software and it unifies many HR functions like time tracking, payroll, and compensation, etc. and Talent management into one system. Since Workday Software provides comprehensive services, many organizations are using Workday for their needs. Moreover, it is easy to learn and implement.
2. How many types of modules are present in Workday? What are they?
There are two different modules present in Workday:
- Workday HCM
- Workday Financial
3. What type of Reporting will be available in Workday?
Workday provides multi-dimensional and analytics report with access to real-time data using which one can find transaction-level details. With the help of analytical reports, an employee or manager can take any action immediately. Workday reports give you information that is more actionable with calculated fields, graphics, charts, etc.
Looking to Start Your Career in Workday? Here you go Enroll for Workday HCM Training
4. Mention some of the advantages of Workday
Since all the transactions are real-time, Workday provides immediate access to employees and greater flexibility. Employees can run their own reports whenever required without any requesting for a report and waiting. The reports allow managers to make more data-driven decisions with their insightful data. Moreover, employees have access to their own HR benefit elections, withholding exemptions, dependent changes, absence request, time tracking entries, etc.
5. What are some of the key features of Workday HCM?
Here are some of the features.
- Talent Management
- Time Tracking
- Payroll Solutions
- Goal Management
- Performance Management
- Succession Planning
- Career and Development Planning
- Payroll Co-Sourcing Services
- Cloud Connect for Third-Party Payroll
6. What kind of businesses mostly uses Workday HCM?
Workday HCM has i). Large Scale Business, and ii). Mid Size Business
7. Can we use Workday for any student-related academic information?
No. Everything related to Student, class, schedule, grade information, etc. would be in the PeopleSoft Student System, which can be accessed using the current processes.
8. Does Workday HCM offer an API?
9. Does IDS store every piece of existing data from the mainframe and Workday?
No, it will not store every piece of existing data. IDS or Institutional Data Store will only store some data of Workday, which it identifies as the most important data for a downstream report. And the data, which could be difficult for other applications to handle.
10. Does Workday support any internet browser on any computer?
Workday works on almost all the internet browsers like Mozilla, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and on any computer.
11. How much secure is Workday and does everyone get access to generate reports?
Login credentials are required to access Workday. We can also restrict the access in the settings and see which reports or data they can view.
12. How do you access Standard Workday Delivered Report?
By browsing through the category in the sitemap and running a report. Or by searching in the search bar with a name of the specific report.
13. Define ERP
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. It is a methodology that integrates various functions in business like inventory, order management, accounting, HR, customer relations into one system. To put simply, it is an integration of various applications an organization uses, to store, manage, collect and interpret data from different business activities.
14. What is RaaS report?
RaaS stands for Report-as-a-Service. It is a report prepared by Workday with web service enabled.
15. Name some of the Workday Integrations
Here are some of the Workday Integrations
- Workday Studio Integration
- Cloud Connect Integration
- Enterprise Information Builder (EIB) Integration