20 things experienced Data Scientists know which beginner Data Scientists do not know
Last updated on Tue 17 Mar 2020
Like in every field, experienced Data Scientists have a greater edge over the beginner Data Scientists. Here are 20 things that every data scientist should know.
- Writing code to write code i.e. automating tasks ;)
- Training others to make them tech-savvy
- Hiring the right candidates, Managing candidates, and managers who report to you
- Be an advisor to managers or higher officials
- Outsourcing tasks to junior members or to consultants whenever required.
Things you should know before learning Data Science
- Knowledge of popular tools, identifying the right tools, assessing the pros & cons of different software and platforms when doing a large-scale project
- Choosing the right algorithms & statistical techniques while in a project and using those techniques as per the requirement for better performance.
- Identifying various internal or external data sources, using important data from all those while cleaning data redundancies and other data issues. i.e. not trusting single data.
- Good understanding of the project or business – identifying the best features; combining them to form other better predictors
- Good understanding of the project requirements; translating all the requests, concerns, questions, ideas etc. from the client into a better data science output
- Being able to predict the hurdles that hinder a complex project from developing and assess the time frame required for the completion of the project.
- Evaluating the ROI of a company brought by us, we can be in a position to explain the positive ROI or negative ROI. If we bring negative ROI, we can direct them a path to correct it with all the knowledge we have.
- Being able to create a new project or manage a project from start to finish
- Be in a position to deliver the output in a timely fashion and work consistently despite other setbacks. Have a clear knowledge of the factors that create value for the company.
- We know what we do not know or what to learn or what to outsource
Top 20 Data Science Interview Questions and Answers
- Being able to predict the fake news that is roaming around the internet or on social media and take only original content
- Can make sure a project that started well will end well within a specified time by helping with maintenance and making many recommendations about the implementations
- Have a good understanding of the business we are in and a good vision even if no one says.
- Have a gut feeling in whatever we do and trust our intuition in doing so.
- Ease of documenting, prioritizing everything. Good communication with stakeholders and good planning