Msbi Introduction And Its Entities (Ssis, Ssas, Ssrs)
Last updated on Wed 18 Mar 2020
MSBI stands for Microsoft Business Intelligence that is a most effective suite with the collection of a device which offers best solutions for MSBI.
MSBI Suite Introduction
MSBI stands for Microsoft Business Intelligence that is a most effective suite with the collection of a device which lets in offering the best solutions for the Business Intelligence and Data Mining Queries. MSBI empower customers to gain access to accurate and up to date facts for higher decision making in a company. This tool makes use of Visual Studio along with SQL server and offers special tools for distinct procedures that are required in Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
MSBI is divided into 3 entities:-
- SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services – Integration tool.
- SSAS – SQL Server Analytical Services -Analysis tool.
- SSRS – SQL Server Reporting Services – Reporting tool.
Uses of SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS in MSBI Platform
SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
SSIS is a tool used for ETL. ETL stands for Extract Transform and Load. These are simple day-to-day words we use in our daily lives. The figure below depicts ETL in a real-world scenario.
Extract Data from various homogeneous or non-homogeneous source systems. Data could be stored in any of the following forms though not limited to them. Flat file, Database, XML, Web queries, etc.
The data are coming from various sources. We cannot assume that the data is the structure in the same way across all the sources. Thus, we need to transform the data into a common format so that the other transformations are done on them. Once we have the data we need to perform various activities like:
- Data cleansing
- Mandatory check
- Foreign key constraints
- Business rules and apply business rules
- Creation of surrogate keys
- Sorting the data
- Aggregating the data
- Transposing the data
- Trim the data to remove blanks.
Once the transformations were done and data takes the form as per the rule. We have to load the data to the destination systems. The destinations can also be as varied as the sources. Once the data reaches the destination it is consumed by other systems.
SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
This is the method of changing two dimensional (rows and columns/OLTP) statistics into multi-dimensional data version (OLTP). This will assist you to research the massive quantity of statistics.
Benefits of SSAS are as follows:
- Multi-dimensional evaluation
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Slice, cube, drill-down functionalities
- Good performance
SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a company reporting platform helping conventional and interactive reports delivered over the net or through custom applications. It supports diverse statistics sources like two dimensional and multi-dimensional.
The following are a few functions of SSRS:
- Retrieve information from a different source
- Web-based access to reports
- Support for Ad-hoc reporting
- Report builder helps to customize the reports for an end-user.
- Easy subscriptions alternatives
- Export functionality with masses of format.
- Display reports in diverse ways like tabular, chart, Gauge and so forth.
Benefits of Learning MSBI Course In IQ Online Training
IQ Online Training provides MSBI Online Training course with real-time experts.
- Explains with real-time scenarios.
- Trainers always help you in clearing doubts
- Provides Job Support
- Gives 24*7 customer support
- 30 hours of training with flexible timings.
- FREE Live demo
- Weekday and weekend batches available
- Refer a friend and get OFFER.