SAP Sales and Distribution is one of the key components of SAP ERP system. It permits groups to keep and manage patron- and product-associated information. SAP Sales and Distribution module is a part of SAP Logistics module that manages customer relationship starting from raising a quotation to sales order and billing of the product or service. It integrates with specific modules, together with Production Planning (PP), Plant Maintenance (PM), Quality Management (QM), Materials Management (MM), Finance and Controlling (FICO), and Human Resources (HR).
Major Components in SAP SD:
The major components in SAP Sales and Distribution module are −
- Customer and Vendor Master Data
- Sales Support
- Shipping of Material
- Sales Activities
- Billing related
- Transportation of products
- Credit Management
- Contract Handling and Management
- Foreign Trade
- Information System
Working together with the other modules, SAP SD allows an order-to-cash cycle commercial enterprise process. SD handles all the info on the income and distribution part of the cycle, in line with SAP.
In a normal cycle, SD generates a sales quote and the purchaser then locations a sales order, the goods are picked from a warehouse or manufacturing facility and shipped to the customer, a bill is dispatched with the order and accounts receivable settle the payment with the purchaser.
Each step in the technique generates transactions within the SD module, which then generate in addition transactions inside the other ECC modules.
Data types in SAP SD:
Master data types sort of SD consists of customer records, pricing, and substances. The master data is used to create transactional statistics in SAP ECC, consisting of a sales order in SD, protection document in PM, purchase order in MM or manufacturing order in PP. Customizing statistics is generated whilst a corporation customizes SD to fulfill its particular requirements.
As with all the modules in SAP ECC, the whole thing in SAP SD revolves around grasp records stored and manipulated in centralized grasp facts tables. There are two exceptional information kinds in ECC: transactional information and customizing data.
A Master record is one of the key elements in Sales and Distribution module. There are two stages of masters in SD.
The first level master includes −
- Customer Master
- Material Master
- Pricing Conditions
While the second stage master is −
- Output condition
Creating a Customer Master Record:
The client master records incorporate the statistics about enterprise transaction and how transactions are recorded and achieved by using the system. A Master incorporates the statistics about the customers that an organization makes use of to do business with them.
To create a customer master data, you need to make use of an Account group.
Note that if you use −
- XD01− This Includes sales vicinity in the purchaser grasp and statistics is stored in tables KNA1, KNB1, and KNVV.
- VD01− this includes income place & information, in order to be saved in tables KNA1, KNB1, and KNVV and there is no organization code records on this.
- FD01− this is organization code stage & statistics is saved in tables KNA1 and KNB1.
Key tables in Customer Master:-
Following are the main key tables that are in Customer master.
SAP SD includes several sub-modules that can be configured to deal with particular capabilities within the module: SAP SD sub-modules:
- SD Master Data (SD-MD):
SAP SD consumer consists of master information and the process include monitoring of each and every transaction within the facts. The sales and distribution master records consist of purchaser grasp facts, material master information, pricing situations file, output data and credit score management. From order to coins system, complete glide is being recorded on this module.
- SD Basic Functions (SD-BF):
SAP SD configuration results in an effective procedure throughout all basic capabilities involved in income and distribution place. Here, examples of simple functions can be pricing, output and so on. The amount of pricing used for a selected sale and the output result from the same and so forth.
- SD Sales (SD-SLS):
As the term indicates, SAP SD sales handle minute details of each sale this is taken the region. From recording the product to patron info, pricing, comments, and the sales procedure, the entirety is tracked through this module.SD Shipping (SD-SHP) tracks the details of the shipping process, including when and how the order is shipped through to delivery or return.
- SD Shipping (SD-SHP):
Sales are closely associated with shipping and delivery. A Product desires to be rightly shipped and introduced to the consumer. There are unique techniques of shipping and this module track every one used for each transport. The whole technique of being shipped to introduced or go back again is recorded through this module.
- SD Transportation (SD-TBA)
This SAP SD component works intently with the above shipping module. A product may be either couriered or manually delivered. The mode of transportation is different for everyone and is being tracked through this module.
- SD Foreign Trade (SD-FTT)
This element helps a department to handle the data related to foreign trade consisting of both imported merchandise and merchandise exported outside. This module works first-class for enterprises involved with exchange across countries.
- SD Billing (SD-BIL)
Billing is a major element in income. Customers will pay either online using debit or credit card, via cash on shipping or by way of the usage of pay pal account and so on. To hold a right song for future reference, every bill detail is recorded thru this module.
- SD Sales Support (SD-CAS)
From selling a product to retaining it for a system, customers continuously engage with the income crew. The records exchanged among the income team and customers at the same time as delivering guide for a product is recorded and reported thru this module.
The characteristics of SD include:
- Implements commercial enterprise techniques utilized in selling, and billing of goods and services.
- Integrates data flow to the ultimate modules of SAP.
- Multilingual/Multicurrency: Several languages may be used. Conversion among currencies is computerized and connecting to SAP’s real-time overseas cash fee database in Germany permits operational use.
- Adaptable functionality: R/three customizes the product via the IMG function.
- Pricing Flexibility: In SD, you can create complex pricing schemes which might be depending on customers, items bought, special promotions, and so forth. Rebate processing options also are very state-of-the-art and complete.
- Simple Order Entry: The person enters primary order details all in one window. From this window, there is easy access to all of the levels of the order, namely header, object, and timetable line facts.
- Comprehensive Reporting: The Sales Information System (SIS) lets in records to be stored, consolidated, and mentioned upon by way of the consumer in a spread of codecs.
- Effective Batch Processing of Orders, shipments, and different income documents based totally on order types, consumer, or material.