Informatica is an ETL tool provided by the ‘Informatica Corporation’.
Informatica is used to Transformation, Extraction and Load process the all types of databases.
Now a day’s Informatica is being used as an Integration tool for the Service Oriented Architecture.
Applications of Informatica:
- Informatica is an easy tool. It has got an simple visual interfaces like forms in visual basic. Need to drop and drag the different objects (which are known as transformation) and to design the process of flow for Extraction of Data and transformation to load.
- These process flow diagrams are simply known as mappings. Once a mapping is made, it can scheduled and run when we required.
- Informatica server takes care of the data fetching from source, loading it & transforming it, to the target databases/Flat Files/systems.
- Informatica can communicate all the major data sources like (Flat Files/mainframe/XML/RDBMS/SAP/VSM etc), which can transform/move the data between them.
- Informatica has the ability to move huge volumes data in an very effective way, and many times a better programs written for the data to specific movement and It can throttle the transactions (to do big updates and to avoid the small chunks which filling the transactional log and long locking).
- Informatica effectively join the data from two different distinct data sources (even an xml file can joined with an relational table).
- Over all, Informatica has the ability to converting raw data into useful information and effectively integrate data sources heterogeneously.
Informatica is an enterprise-wide data integration platform solution. Informatica is used to transform, access, and integrate the data from large variety of the systems which delivers the information also to other systems.
IQ Online Training Enables the organizations to create a consistent single, enterprise-wide information resource and to get holistic views of the data.
Uses of Informatica:
- Partitioning:Informatica uses multiprocessor hardware for a parallel processing, to use Multi-threaded Processes for Partitioning Optimizes Performance
- Real-time: It has the ability to execute and process on demand in batch from the previous versions
- Data Cleansing:Informatica partnered with the Companies such as Trillium and First Logic whose core competency was standardization of the name and address information
- Data Profiling: Informatica allows developers and the other data warehouse practitioner (with a bit of training) to perform data analysis on source data before building mappings
- Metadata Exchange:provides the ability to easily detect the changes between BI tools or data models, objects the Informatica repository.